Saturday, September 25, 2010

Leftovers...Re-invented!

I made this awhile ago, but hadn't gotten around to posting! I know grilling season is almost over, but this was too good not to post!
I don't know about your family, but we sometimes don't get leftovers eaten. Especially if it is just a chicken breast or one pork chop. But, we had 2 chicken breasts leftover from when we grilled teriyaki chicken and I wanted to use them! But, I hate how re-heating meat dries it out, which is why unless it is soup or a cassrole, it doesn't get eaten!
So, I cubed the chicken (large cubes) and put them in a foil packet. I added fresh pineapple to the packet. Then, I made another packet of pineapple and also made a packet of sliced Walla Walla Sweet onions. (I added a little butter and salt and pepper to the onions). I put all the packet on the grill over medium heat for just about 10-15 minutes.
I thought about kebabs, but didn't really want to give my three year old a sharp stick to eat off of!
)
So, after about 15 minutes, the packet was hot and the chicken was still moist, not dried out.
I served this with some brown basmati rice and called it good!
Pineapple on the grill is amazing anyway, and the chicken and the onions were great with it.
And REALLY healthful meal!
Sorry, there is no after picture for this--Ryan made a lake in his sandbox while I was chopping the pineapple and it was quite the clean up!

No comments:

Post a Comment